9.6.09

Because Diet Matters...A LOT!

Pardon the delay in posting today. Once again my computer has decided to take a non-working vacation. If posts do not show up for the rest of the week you will know I chucked my computer out the nearest window!

When people come to me thinking they have reached their "fitness plateau" and are frustrated because they are still working out but not losing weight, 9 times out of 10 they are stuck because they are not being honest about what they are eating. Thinking you're eating healthy and actually eating healthy are two completely different things~obviously. Think about the following: portion sizes, what are you adding to food (salt, butter, dressings, etc.), ask yourself "Is this really healthy?" and your liquids!

Recipe of the Day...
Taco Beans and Rice
{Makes an excellent mommy lunch.}
1 T. olive oil
1 1/2 c. chopped bell pepper (red, green and/or yellow!)
1 can red kidney beans rinsed and drained
1 c. onion
1 package taco seasoning (low sodium preferred)
Brown rice (Uncle Ben's make a great microwavable one.)
1/2 c. reduced-fat shredded sharp cheese.

Directions: Heat oil in a skillet, add peppers and onion. Cook til lightly brown. Add beans and cook til heated thoroughly. Remove from heat and add HALF of the taco seasoning. Cook rice according to package directions. Add remaining taco seasoning to cooked rice. Serve bean mixture over rice. Sprinkle with cheese.

Other random eats I'm enjoying from COSTCO!



Yoplait smoothie mix. My 3:00pm pick me up. Don't forget to add a banana!

Smart & Delicious Tortillas. They make a GREAT bread substitute for sandwiches. Suggestion: Say goodbye to cheese on sandwiches. That is if you're getting a decent amount of calcium from another source. However, instead of getting it from a fat-full cheese...try nonfat yogurt, cottage cheese and skim milk

1 comment:

Jenette said...

I made this for dinner last night, but I made a few changes. For my carnivorous husband I had to add very lean ground beef and then I used an organic three bean blend. It was pretty good.