12.10.09

It's Trendy Tuesday...Do You Dare?

If you don't act quick, this trend's gonna be out of style before you know it.
It's a pumpkin carving party!
How does one fit 25 people and their ginormous pumpkins in a 1600 sq. ft. house? Physics... maybe algebra...mathematical party planning? How about who the crap knows?! Prince Charming laughs at the amount of people I invite to this event. Whatever, we make it work.

Anyway...I'm officially giving myself the "worst host of the year" award. Our pumpkin/chili pot gathering was supposed to start around the 6:00pm hour. Guess where I was at 6:02? Standing in line at the grocery store praying everyone would be late. I pulled up to my own house with guests standing on the front porch and me with the all the ingredients to the chili in hand. I AM LAME!

I meant to serve these.
Instead we (the kidos) had these. Straight from the box out of the freezer. Classy!


I had every intention of baking this. From scratch of course!

Whoopsie! It takes a lot longer to bake than I remembered. So...served these instead. Fresh from the Safeway bag. Delish.

I did serve this however. I whipped it up as the guests watched. I wasn't pitting out or anything. No, not me. I'm a professional chef remember? No pressure...really. Did I mention I have never tried this chili recipe before. Nice! Thank goodness I had the savory corndogs as a back up plan! YUM.

Hmm...I guess it turned out okay after all. Go Figure?!

Lu's Halloween party fashion. This is the pumpkin party pose. So she told me.

The Masterpieces
OH Maid...Don't forget to get the seeds that fell under the table and are stuck on the sea grass rug. Thanks!
Hop to it. I predict a pumpkin carving party in your future. Suggestion: You might want to be home to answer the door when your guests arrive.:D
Thanks to all who came!

2 comments:

Lauri said...

That is so funny. I am laughing with you of course, best laid plans blah blah blah....oh well at least you guys had a good time!

Julianna said...

Oh, that just totally sounds like something you would do!!!! I'm glad you had a good time and that everyone loved your cooking!