3.2.12

Day of LOVE {3}


Today I am proud of myself. Yep, I just bragged a bit. A couple days ago I threw myself to the wind and sent out a random e-mail to a group of girls from play group that I don't really know. In the e-mail I told them I was bored and needed friends (really, I did) and invited them to my home for a little get together that took place last night. TA DA....now I have 10 new friends. Yay me! 
(Note: To those of you who may not have heard, we moved to Arizona 5 mo. ago. hence my desperation for friends.)

What did we do?
 We made Valentines for our loved ones. I think it's safe to say everyone had a LOVELY time. 



Are you bored and sitting home feeling sorry for yourself because you have no friends? Or maybe you have plenty of friends but are in need of girl time? Well, be bored no more. Make some calls and do the simple project shown above. I promise, there are 10 other women out there closer to you than you could ever imagine yearning for an invite. Did I really just use the word yearning?
Go for it!

Happy Friday!
Shop. Eat cake. And wear something fabulous.

P.S. Some project instructions:
You can copy and paste the "14 things I love about you" image designed by moi right off my blog into a word document. 4 will fit to a page. Print them off and glue to a little paper bag~ Got mine at Hobby Lobby 24 for $1.50. Cut 14 strips of paper, top with a heart and you're golden. The hard part is coming up with the 14 things!;)

P.S.S. I in no way can take credit for this project idea. My BFF named Pinterest had a version of it.

3 comments:

Shana Eberhard said...

I know that's something I need to do to find friends here. I just like feeling sorry for myself. It's so hard! Wish I could've come to AZ :)

Jenette said...

I think I need to do something like this...I totally need to find some close friends out here and I need a girly night bad!

Mandy said...

HOW FUN!!! Love the great idea's you come up with for "girl time" it's so necessary. What would we do with out our girlfriends! Way to go out on a lim and make some in AZ.
Now I think I might just have to copy your cute idea and throw myself a V-Day party.
XOXO