15.12.08

It's Trendy Tuesday...Do You Dare?

NOTE: Scroll to the bottom of my blog and hit "pause" on the music player to watch the following clip.



Wasn't that clip just darling? Welcome to Trendy Tuesday. When was the last time you wore a "soft cuddly brushed NYLON" nightgown like that? Do you dare? I will if you will AND only if we can have a slumber party with the Love Boat babes in the commercial. But watch out, they might sneak up behind you and give you a scare~boo!

Now on to the REAL TT...

"Flowers at Midnight" is the name I have chosen for this weeks trend. In between lace, sequins and let us not forget the color PINK, "dark florals" are hitting the showroom floors. With lots of pretty choices, this trend will take you from a daytime office princess to a night on the town queen in no time at all. AND this trend will morph quite nicely into spring. Spring...what? I've already got spring fever on the brain~oh dear! So, shop your favorite local hot spot for today's TT. By the way, if your favorite local hot spot is Wal-Mart, don't shop in the clothing section for this trend. You'll end up looking like your grandmother!

Would Princess Pookie slip on this trend? Sure but, it would have to be just the right color combo. (I'm picky about floral!) I do like THIS and THIS and THIS. Would I pay these prices for this short-lived trend. No way...take me to Target or Forever 21 instead please.
Now these I'd totally wear. They'd for sure keep my toesies smelling oh so pretty. Cute! Cute! Cute! I tell ya, most days it is all about the shoes. Don't you just love shoes? If you don't love shoes you have something seriously wrong with you. Go see the Doc now!:)

Hand Crafted Give Away #2
Tuesday {12.16}

2 CDs with some totally AWESOME music picks!
(at least I think so)

One is a Christmas mix & the other is a Princess Pookie mix.
{On the first day of give away Princess Pookie gave to me, some jewels with a secret message. On the second day of give away Princess Pookie gave to me, 2 awesome Cds and some jewels with a secret message.}

QUESTION: Tell us about a Christmas gift you pretended to like.


Click on "fashion experts" below to answer the above question.

YES...you can enter to win everyday.

Need a new trench coat for the season? THIS just arrived in my closet. It's perfectly sweet! (Okay, so this isn't literally hanging in "my" closet but it is at Nordy's~kind of my closet!)

Keep Fa La La La La~ing til tomorrow!

12 comments:

Lauri said...

I got a grapes and vines salt and pepper shaker set one year from Tom's aunt and in the same year a hummingbird votive holder from his grandma! Yikes!

AJ said...

Every year my in-laws give me some... very attractive number... I tell them how much I love it... and then spend the drive home thinking 'do they really think I would be caught dead in something like that? They must not think very highly of my fashion sense!'

Anonymous said...

One year I asked my dad for a plant and he got me a jungle! 2 or 3 huge plants that I didn't have room for (when I asked for a plant I was thinking a cute little thing...). I had to transport them in my trunk and dirt got everywhere. I of course had to tell him how much I loved them...they died about a month later!! Oops! :)

Rachel Hudgins said...

Oooo, where do I start? I was forced to show enthusiasm about the gifts my grandma gave me every year...animal shaped perfume bottles from Avon filled with the most hidious scents. I also remember trying to act excited about a pair of moon boots (remember those?) when all my brother's and sisters (5 of them mind you) received hand made desks from my dad....apparently the thought was I was too young for a desk, but it was really hard to be excited about Moon boots when they were jumping up and down about their special-dad-made gifts.

Anonymous said...

Every year my step-mother-in law gives me clothes. Word of advice...DO NOT try picking out clothes for your daughter in laws...it goes straight to the good will--I wish she would just give me a gift certificate to nordy's instead.

Anonymous said...

Okay so I guess this story is not the most "flatering" on me but whatever! So it was like 2 weeks before this VERY important formal Christmas dance at my school and I could not find a dress. I am pretty sure my mom and I looked in like every store. My mom went out of town shopping with her friends for a weekend and my dad was on a business trip to I think Dallas. For some random reason my mom talked me into letting my dad pick out a dress for me on his trip. BAD MISTAKE! He called me all excited that he had found the "perfect" dress for me. He emailed me the link and well it was all wrong!!! I mean I am going to a middle school Christmas dance and this dress was green red and gold plaid with a big red sash and puffed sleeves. This was not good. I called my mom in tears because wearing that dress to my dance was social suicide. The dress could not be returned so he brought it home. The dress was worse in person. To top it all off it was a size 6! Like little girl size 6. I have to admit that I was relieved that I didn't have to wear the dress but now my little sister does. I felt really bad about hurting my dad's feelings because I could have tried to pretend to like it (would you) but well...he is not picking out my clothes anytime soon.

Jenette said...

The first Christmas my husband and I were married, he got me a coffee table book of Thomas Kinkade pictures, which was to be the grand finale of the gifts. I totally was clueless about why he got it for me and tried to pretend to be excited about it. However, since I don't have a poker face, he saw right through me...The book is now a running joke between us ;)

Anonymous said...

OHH dear I do have several bad gift stories. My husband while perfect in almost every other way is incapable of picking out a good gift. Its hard to say what the very worst one would be but if I had to choose I would say ....DRUM ROLL.... a Swifer Sweeper!!!! thats right ladies
A SWIFER SWEEPER.
So bad that years later i am laughing out loud writting this to you all.
ps , this so so fun !!!!

Mimi said...

I despise chocolate oranges... for some reason these are like Christmas crack for a lot of people. I always had to fake a huge "thank you" when given a chocolate orange.

Julianna said...

Hmm...there have been a few, but I seem to remember a certain "chicken nugget" colored shirt that I got one year. I had to pretend I liked it because it couldn't be returned.

Anonymous said...

I thought I answered this one... hmmm....

I only have one gift that I remember and I remember it because I felt HORRID about it.

I was given a silver comb/brush/mirror set. I couldn't use it. I had no place to display it (and it would have just been one more thing to dust anyway...) I didn't like it. I took it back.

I have always questioned my poker face in regards to that gift. Since then, I have really tried to receive every gift with the gratitude that someone else took the time and effort to think of me. I haven't had a bad gift since. (I may have had one or two gifts that are saved in "special places" so I will never lose them tho... *wink wink*)

Mandy said...

In 8th grade my boyfriend gave me a balled up necklace ( which he'd probably gone through his mothers old jewelry and found ) . Not so cute.