3.1.09

New Year New You!

Live with what you LOVE~and get rid of the rest.
(Cover of CountryHome magazine)

This is the theme I have chosen for myself for 2009. I wouldn't consider myself to be a pack rat, I don't buy things just because they are on sale (mostly), nor am I a home organizer FREAK. However, I have come to the conclusion (Finally!~says Prince Charming) that my life is surrounded by too much stuff aka JUNK. From magazines, to sweatshirts, to house decor, to crafting crap, and YES, even shoes (hope I don't regret listing that one!) it's time to dig out, donate and recreate my surroundings.

As much as I enjoy the Holiday decor (but DESPISE cleaning it up) I treasure the sense of calm that comes with it's departure. It's like I suddenly have a new canvas to play with. A canvas that gives me the motivation to organize (sorta), rearrange and pitch those things that I don't love. I am determined, slowly but surely, to edit my life. However, I will leave the the garage for hubs!:D

This Weeks Assignment
Where can you start? Your underwear drawer! If you've got undergarments from 2005 hanging out in there, it's time princesses, it's time. Anything with the hint of a hole needs to be retired RIGHT NOW...TODAY! On your mark, get set, PITCH! It will take you 10 min. tops!
Weekend FaShIoN Feature...


Classic pieces every closet should include:
black skirt (Anthropologie-SALE!), white shirt (Nordstrom-1/2 yearly sale...has ruffles!), investment boots (Nordstrom-Anniversary sale)


Trendy {eventual} throw out:
argyle knee socks, zebra watch


Just For Fun: (Every closet needs these pieces~right?!)
hot pink cardigan


The NEW and improved black skirt. The Tulip Skirt. High waisted, baby gathers and blooming bottom. So fragrantly sweet.

Black skirts to peek at.
HERE
"Pencil Me In"
HERE
"A+ Baby"
HERE

"Ruffle Richness"
Whatever your new year brings you, I wish you many successes in all that you do. Remember...A new year=a new you!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Good Luck with cleaning out the Garage! :) Just Enjoy It Jer....Just enjoy:)

Let's get a date on the calendar to get together! Since 2008 didn't work out, maybe 2009 will:)

Lauri said...

Remember when you are cleaning out those shoes that you don't need that we wear the same size ;-) You will be happy to know that I started my clean out at the end of the year and have taken 5 small plastic bags full to Goodwill already!

Lauri said...

By the way, good "taking out the trash" picture! Did Prince Charming do that for you or did you have to talk your son into taking it?