12.2.09

It's FFF (Fabulous Fashion Friday)

K.I.S.S.
(Keep It Simple Sista)


Be sure to wear the color RED this weekend.
Happy Valentine's Day!

xoxo
Mrs. Princess Pookie
My Mama's Sugar Cookie Recipe:
3/4 c. shortening
1/4 c. butter
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. lemon flavoring (secret ingredient!)
1 tsp. baking powder
3 c. flour
Cream shortening, butter, sugar. Add eggs, mix. Add vanilla & lemon flavoring, mix.
Add baking powder. Then add flour 1 c. at a time.
Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 min. Do not over bake!
Frost with a basic buttercream frosting, royal icing or cream cheese frosting.

2 comments:

Lauri said...

I hope you guys have a great weekend! Happy Valentine's Day.

Anonymous said...

Man... and I thought you were gonna leave us all hanging w/o the recipe. :)

We are having Valentine's Day today instead of tomorrow (kids will be gone tomorrow). I have already gotten my Valentine's from my kids:

Caleb: he opened his little heart box of chocolates this morning. I told him he could eat ONE chocolate before school. After he ate his chocolate, he came in to where I was getting ready for work. He presented his box of chocolates to me and said, "Mom...? I want YOU to have one of my chocolates." Awww.... :)

Aarika: I was driving to the carwash to wash my filthy car. When I hopped out of my car, I noticed on Aarika's door a heart traced into the dirt, and inside it the words, "I luv you". Aarika said she did it, she said, "I thought you would be mad but I decided 'oh well' and did it anyway." lol Now tell me, how can I was that off??? Ok, I CAN wash it off, but I did take a picture first. :D

Tonight we are going to dinner at Red Robin then a movie after with my two sweethearts.