4.2.09

Princess Pookie's Closet Introductions

~Told you I like RED shoes~
Nice To Meet Shoe!
Meet my red clogs. I purchased these at "Copper Rivet" at Crossroads mall in SLC, UT. Anyone remember that store? Does that store still exist? Remember the classic T-shirts they use to sell behind the counter that came in every color under the sun. My apologies to those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about. But, you missed out!:) Not only did I buy a pair of these clogs but my bestest college roommate (miss you tons!) in the whole world bought a pair too. Twinners~not so uncommon whenever we shopped together. We both absolutely had to have a pair because A) They're red B) They're red clogs C) They're red clogs with flowers! They certainly don't win the grand prize when it comes to comfort but I give them first place for cuteness! How long have I had these? Way too long but these one-of-a-kind cuties will be passed down from generation to generation (whatever Princess Pookie). Have you ever dug vintage things out of your mom's closet and worn them because they're cool again? I remember my mom had the most amazing pair of cork wedged heels with rainbow elastics (pic right) that I LOVED to wear as a little girl playing dress up. Well, about a year ago while shopping for appliances at Sears I spotted a pair of these on the clearance rack. They didn't have my size or else I would have totally purchased a pair for old time sake. However, "Sears" and "clearance rack" in my opinion aren't a good sign when it comes to fashion. FYI: I DESPISE Sears...for many reasons which are completely justifiable! I'll spare you the dets!
THESE little honey's are oh so yummy! May I have them?
QUESTION: How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet? Come on now...don't be embarassed. Spill the beans.
P.S. I need a good eye make-up remover. Anyone have any suggestions for me?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still have a copper rivet tee. It is totally old and only used for working 'n stuff, but it's NOT ratty (tho I still try not to wear in public lol) It's teal. :) I probably bought it with you when I was 12. (Well, maybe a little older coz it still fits.)

I really didn't steal stuff from my mom's closet. A couple years ago, tho, she gave me a pair of brown maryjanes that she just didn't like. Turns out they are WAY cute and totally comfy! I think she had a pair of Keds once that I "borrowed" w/o her knowledge once or twice....

Anonymous said...

Kiehl's Supremely Gentle Eye Makeup Remover, lasts a long time and works well...Love all Kiehl's products and I recommend it!

Julianna said...

Hello - Sensaria eye make-up remover! It's the best gelly feeling, non greasy, eye makeup remover you can buy! Would you like me to hook you up?

Copper Rivet is no longer in existance because the entire Crossroads Plaza is no longer in existance!!! I remember many a days of shopping that store with you. In fact, I was wearing a Copper Rivet t-shirt the first time I met Craig!!

I have been good about keeping my shoes in my closet cleaned out, but I know I have a pair of green, square toes, Doc Martin's in the basement in tha box. Do you remember those things? Luckily I got rid of the stapled, fake Berkinstalks.