5.2.09

It's FFF (Fabulous Fashion Friday)

My Boyfriend's Back
I love these! I love these! I love these! BOYFRIEND JEANS! This is a look that I can totally grasp, accept and hold on to tight because they are naughty hotties and are COMFY naughty hotties!! All you princesses out there need to get up off your chair and shout hooray right now for these jeans. They are versatile (dress em up~heels and a blouse-really cute! or dress em down-t and flip flops) , comfortable, non-butt crack showing-thank you!, modest, and work for a variety of body types (once you find the right brand for you that is). And the best news is, you're pretty much guaranteed to fit into at least one size DOWN from your normal size. Every pair I tried on I needed a smaller size and my helper babe told me that was the trend with these jeans. SUPER!

How To Wear The Boyfriend Jeans
There are a few simple rules to follow, and some choices to make when it comes to these jeans:

Choice: The jeans don't have be your boyfriends (phew). But if you're after real authenticity hit your local denim store and shop in the men's section.

Choice: If you are going to buy a pair, don't feel the need to buy new. A vintage pair from the local Goodwill will have more authenticity. NICE!
Rule: Look for a straight leg. Bootcut or flared jeans aren't in the least bit flattering for this trend. This is important!

Rule: Turn them up at the bottom. You're not going to communicate the 'oversized' message unless your jeans are turned up.

Rule: When you do turn up the bottom of the jeans, they have to sit just above the ankle.

Choice: Consider what you're going to pair them with. Like I said above, keep it feminine or add a hoody! Listen to your mood. Both work. However, I think the dudes prefer princess over butch.

Rule: If you do choose to pair your boyfriend jeans with other masculine pieces make them fitted. You don't want to look like a stoner!:)
~snippets from fashionizing.com

My boyfriend jean recommendations :
NOTE: I've only tried on and researched these at Norstrom. I'm sure they are in abundance in many other stores at MUCH cheaper prices.

Click HERE To see the overall Nordstrom on-line options. I LOVED THESE ones. THESE are the #1 selling ones. THESE are for the more conservative scardy cats (sit a little higher on the waist). BP has a $48 version that are adorable too but they run REALLY big.

Princess Homework: If you're out and about this weekend, stop in and try a pair on! You don't even need a boyfriend to justify the purchase!

P.S. Nord's just got in a shipment of "BIG Star" jeans. I'm telling you...they are worth EVERY penny!!!

2 comments:

Lauri said...

I'm not scared of the jean itself, more like the price tag! $229 for a pair of jeans? I just can't do it.....

Anonymous said...

I saw a pair of pink patent peep-toes at church today and thought of you....