8.3.09

Princess Pookie's Social Calendar


Weekend Shmeekend...

Kels & Lulu~Playground BFF's

What a GREAT way to start the weekend off...at least for the kids. I cannot lie. Taking my children to the park is not at the top of my "Favorite Things To Do" list but the sun came out and how could I deny my poor picked on children the opportunity to play in the SUN?! I had a terrible headache and had to teach in and hour but we loaded up any way and had a great time. Hmm....interesting what a little fresh air and a smile can do for one's aching head~ Go figure! I even took a turn or two going down the slide.


We LOVE you Kids Gig!



It's a POLKA party everyone! For some random reason (?) the YMCA decided to throw a polka party and guess who got asked to teach...ME. (Yep, said "yes" to another thing!) I'm not sure why I said yes because the only polka experience I've ever had was WAY...WAY...WAY back in the day when I was a TA for a social dance class at BYU (go cougars!) and we did a section on polka dance. Did I remember any of it? Um...not so much but thank goodness for youtube.com! Unfortunately my polka dress was at the dry cleaners~darn! BTW: If you've never tried to polka it's actually pretty fun! Just don't ask me to teach!:)

RED Box Flicks! Gotta love the price!

Took a little road trip-a whole 20min.-to Port Orchard to view some furniture I found on Craig's list. My baby girl is growing up and it's almost time to upgrade to the "big girl" bed. This darling little shop in Port Orchard called Dana Lee's refinishes old furniture. Great prices too!

Thinking about this bed frame for Lulu.

Welcome to Jo~Ann's with husband and kids in tow (now that's a fun shopping experience). I'm in need of some curtains for my living room and bedroom. I'm eyeing both of these fabrics. I actually would have probably bought some but I didn't have my dumb coupon! Jo~Ann's Coupon Annoyance: When I need it I either don't have it or the one I DO have is expired! I know some of you out there can relate~UGH! I'm almost to the point where my time is more valuable than the stupid coupon!

Our MUST STOP! Port Orchard Spot.


This is the dinkiest little beach ever but my kids love to stop! This time we about blew off the beach!
TARGET! Made my weekend stop to Target and only spent $40 thank you very much. However is was $40 worth of VERY BORING stuff! I would have rather dropped $40 on the Erickson Beamon necklace featured below. So CUTE!

Hmm...WHAT ELSE?



I'm not a big Pier 1 shopper but I stopped in and found these 2 (center ones) delicious throw pillows. They are just the splash of color I was looking for. PERFECTO!



Also picked up this silly BIRDIE tray to sit on my dresser . It's kind of a cutie don't ya think?



And lastly...more paint chips to add to my already massive collection. Decisions! Decisions! HELP...it's giving me a headache!

It's MONDAY~only 4 more days til FRIDAY!:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't sleeeeep....

Are your kids wearing... flip flops? (I just bought Aarika new snow boots. lol)

That bedframe looks a lot like Aarika's. When I lived in Pocasmello, my neighbor was a major thrift-store/garage sale shopper to the point of not having room in her basement to store all of her "must-haves". Her husb. told her she had to get rid of some stuff and one of her cast-offs was a bed frame. I put it in my shed, stored it for 3 years while we were overseas... then about this time last year I got in touch with a carpenter friend of mine... He invited me up to refinish it. :) I did the sanding... he did the finish and (most of) the distressing. It turned out way cute, I'm so glad I did it. I'm sure you will love it.

Jenette said...

I had know idea that Dana Lee store exsisted. I go to Port Orchard to look at an Antique Store often. I am going to have to check this place out as well.