9.3.09

It's Trendy Tuesday...Do You Dare?

{TRENDY TUESDAY}

HELLO Mr. Gladiator! Today's Trendy Tuesday comes to you all the way from Rome and dates way back to who knows when but certainly before pedicures and OPI nail polish! The "Gladiator" sandal~Where ancient style meets modern comfort! These summer wonders are overtaking the shoe racks. With a gazillion styles and colors to choose from you're bound to find the perfect pair.
If you've flipped through any FASHION magazine lately you've certainly seen at least one star sportin' a pair of gladiators. I'm totally a fan of the gladiator sandal however, I do not care for the "thigh-high" style! Okay, so they don't go that high but the ones pictured on Tori Spelling (above) are a bit much for me. Below you will see a few more "conservative" styles which are much more conducive to my personal taste.






Do you dare? Wear with caution~ no helmet or shield required!



My Lucy Lu and I have matching gladiator sandals. Both came from Nordstrom Rack.

So, if you are in need of a little spice in your summer shoe collection go ahead...buy a pair. I DARE you! When in Rome, do as the Romans do~right? Unless it means wearing THESE (fugly!)

To view Nords full spring "Trend" shoe line...click HERE.

P.S. Can you name the artist of the song playing? Scroll down if you need to cheat!:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sad but true:

I still have a pair of gladiator sandals left over from the LAST time they were in fashion (in the 90's). That pair of sandals were super comfy and I just never, um, tossed 'em. I probably should. *blushing* They are actually still in pretty good shape, but... I've gotten picky in my old age. I like shoes with more support in them.

In a few years, I'll be shopping for orthopedics.

(I'm joking.)