23.4.09

It's FFF (Fabulous Fashion Friday)

...Or not so much.

The Fanny Pack
Once upon a time a very clever individual invented a do daddy gadget-like purse thingy which clicked around the waist. They came in all shapes, styles and colors, including NEON, and they were the handiest HANDS FREE "stuff" holder around. One ZIP and everything you needed (chapstick, lucky rabbit's foot, Binaca, etc.) was at your finger tips. Who wouldn't want one? They were the perfect invention for men, they were the hottest item in any contest give away and you could wear them at many various points on the waste. I think slightly off center is the snazziest.:)

Why the heck am I blogging about fanny packs? I don't know really but at lunch yesterday I saw a lady sportin' one. Right smack dab in the middle of the city. No trails, no granola bars, no outhouses in sight. Her fanny pack was her purse! Oh dear. It just made me chuckle. And in case you were wondering, she also had THIS haircut. I'm not being rude. I'm just informing you. I think my second grade teacher had this do.
Fanny Pack Fashion:

This fanny pack~ cool!
I actually have this one so of course it's cool. Kidding! But it made a great diaper bag.


This fanny pack~ not so cool. Oh...denim! So versatile!










Another silly little YouTube clip for ya. Yes dumb but I loved their outfits. Note: scroll to the bottom of my blog and hit pause on the music player.


Conclusion: Fanny pack in Europe=cool. Fanny pack in JcPenny=not cool.

Guess what? It's FRIDAY! LIVE IT UP with your fanny pack.

Did you ever sport the fanny pack? I totally remember wearing one on my 8th grade trip to Washington D.C. It was red and nerdy!

4 comments:

Jenette said...

Both the fanny pack and the hair-do describe one of my aunts...And she lives in WA... I wonder if you saw her ;)

Pam said...

I can't say that I've ever owned or worn a fanny pack, although I must confess that I've often thought they seemed soooo convenient. Anytime I mentioned anything about fanny packs my husband immediately shot me down. Aren't hubbies great?!

annette said...

I had (um, have) a fanny pack. I bought it for a Disneyland trip back in the day... (1986 I believe?) It was navy and tan. I used it for the trip then I think I never used it again. I always felt weird with it hanging around my waist. (Of course I say that now... lol)

And yes, I still have it. :) I like that the strap clips. I put my clothespins in it and hook it to a clothesline when I hang my sheets out to dry. The clothespins are handy while I use them then I can take them back into the house later. Reduce, reuse, recycle! ;) Since it is pleather, it will forever look like the day I bought it. It **NEVER** goes around my waist. Ever. That would be a sin punishable by death or having to wear brown and yellow polyester bellbottom D.I. pants for eternity.

Incidentally, line-dried sheets are pretty much my favorite thing ever. :)

Mimi said...

I LOVE fanny packs aka fabulous packs!!

I totally went to Washington D.C. in the 8th grade too... WEIRD ;-) With my Fancy pack of course!

I am guessing that your new car is a....range rover! What was the name of that one car that I had never heard of before? It's that one!