18.5.09

It's Trendy Tuesday...Do You Dare?

I dedicate this flowering piece of artwork to my children who seem to think the world revolves around them at all times.

{The Green Thumb} ~ That I pretend to have. Today's TT has nothing do to with textile fashions for the bod but lively (literally) fashions for your outdoors. Container planting~ which it is quite hilarious that I'm doing a post about this because I'm a complete idiot when it comes to gardening. Gardening....what's that?


Plantings I can sorta handle: Home Depot was my one stop shopping for my colorful container gardens. I LOVE bright red geraniums paired with yellow marigolds, purple and/or pink petunias, mini white flowers (no idea the name of these) with ivy or some sort of other trailing-like plant. For about $20 I have found that this is an extremely simple way to add some life to my front porch. And, they're the perfect welcome to my not-so-perfectly-clean inside.

Anyone wanna crash this outdoor party with me? (above) This outdoor seating arrangement can be yours too if you & your checkbook make a stop at your local Pottery Barn. Some day I WILL live on the water! Someday!


I could handle a little "me time" here. I totally dig the black french doors.

{Yards + Me} I love to see pretty yards. I am envious of pretty yards. I hate houses that have pretty yards. I want to hire someone to make my yard pretty. I want enough money to hire a Gardner to keep my yard pretty. Pretty pretty pretty yards. I'm "pretty" sure I'd rather be shopping than doing yardwork!

Happy planting! Do you dare?

{Outdoor Dinner Idea} we had this last night
Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Sandwiches (holy crap these are tasty easy!)
Marinated chicken breasts on whole wheat buns garnished with fresh pineapple rings, tomatoes, lettuce and light mayo. Tip: we don't dig chunky hunky chicken breasts so we either pound them down ourselves (serves two) or you can buy "prepounded" ones. Serve with sweet potato fries (from Costco). Bon Appetit princesses!

P.S. You're all invited to stop by my house in the next week or so to enjoy my plantings with me because after that, I don't guarantee their lively status.

P.S.S. If you're an Anthropologie fan their big sale started today.

2 comments:

annette said...

I had a houseboy when we lived overseas. He would show up at my house once a week and I would say, "Do this, to that" and he'd do it. His main responsibilities were to clean out the koi pond every few weeks and keep the grass cut. My kids thought he was their personal entertainment (he was great with them, weaving all sorts of objects out of palm leaves...) The problem? I didn't know what to tell him to do. LOL Sometimes he would walk up to me and say, "Ma'am, I did (this) is that ok?" I'm all, "Oh! Good idea!" lol I had him clear a garden area once, that was a big fat failure because I didn't know what to grow in that climate, and as soon as my little seedlings got big enough to think that maybe they would grow, some beast came along in the middle of the night and broke off all the leaves! GRRR!!! I guess when you have a gardner, you have to have a little knowledge, which I had NONE. *blushing* Sometimes I wish he was here, I know this climate... But, I never did feel really comfortable bossing someone around.

Happy gardening. The great thing about the petunias you planted in your containers is if you water them, they'll grow. :)

Lauri said...

You are gardening shouldn't even be spoken in the same sentence, Ha ha just kidding. It takes a lot of time to get things in the pretty mode. Mine is getting there but it's just like the inside, there is always something to do with it or another project that needs to be done. My yard looks a million times better than the last time you saw it. So forget yours, come enjoy mine and save time and money!!