27.10.08

I'ts Trendy Tuesday...Do You Dare?

Note: I dedicate this post to my high school BFF "Joseph" who, thanks to Pastry Palace:) had all the time in the world to always have the perfectly painted fingers! Back in the day, if I remember correctly, green was the favored color. Oh, and an occasional hue of purple. Happy Birthday to you! Hmm...I could go for one of those famous Pastry Palace CC cookies about now.

Hey Girlies! Pull those fingers and tosies out and take a moment to paint them pretty. "Deliciously darks" are HOT! HOT! HOT! this season as well as shades of purple-gray. O.P.I. makes one called "Metro Chic" (pictured) that I adore and it brings a whole new meaning to "neutral nails". O.P.I. brand of polish is pricey but I love the richness of color it produces. Consider it an investment. It will last forever. Okay, so technically it's not supposed to last forever but I'm sure I still have a peachy colored polish in my collection that I wore to my high school prom-scary! Watch out for toe jam and don't forget that top coat! Oh, and please don't let it wear itself off. (I know you know what I'm talking about.) There's a product out there called "remover". Check out some of these O.P.I polish names: Don't Go There, Let's Do Lunch, Charge It, Queen of Everything, Curve-aceous and my personal favorite...Sample Sale! I want the polish naming job. Can someone hook me up?

Want to get In-Spider-ed? Check out THIS Holiday collection-it's SPOOKtacular! And I LOVE THIS saucy couture collection. Now that's color perfection!

WARNING: If you want to go dark for the season, PLEASE manicure those nails short in length!

T or F: Polish lasts longer if you keep it in the fridge?
A: Big fat false! However, maybe if you chill it along side your favorite beverage it could be more fun to apply?

T or F: Wearing black nail polish means you hang with the "goth" hommies.
A: FALSE again! Yes, black is bold but it also says, I'm okay with me! BUT...it's not okay to let black (or any dark polish) go chippy. Remove or touch up ASAP upon chippage!

Girlfriend Alert!: Pick up a trendy polish for a princess in need. Wrap with a pink ribbon and you'll certainly turn someones gloomy day into all smiles!

P.S. For those who requested, you'll find some of my favorite tunes listed in the right column. This was NOT an easy task due to the fact that I'm an iTunes junkie. These lists will periodically change with my mood and if you scroll to the bottom of blog, you'll find some samples of the tunes. Enjoy! Don't spend too much money downloading now!:) Warning: If you're addicted to iTunes like I am, NEVER look at the "purchased" section in your iTunes library. Do you know how many pairs of shoes I could have purchased??

2 comments:

Lauri said...

OK so not only do I have to go jeans shopping but also nailpolish shopping! I hear the mall calling my name! And I'm pretty sure I'm in for a dose of a Jo Dee CD sometime soon. I miss those random CD moments......

Julianna said...

Aww..thanks for the shout-out!! I love painting my nails. Right now they are short and a dark burgandy. I must say, I'm not as dedicated as I use to be with the nails, but my toes don't show unless painted.