15.11.08

Princess Pookie's Social Calendar

Nothing social about this weekend unless a date with myself to Borders counts. Basically it was a boring project weekend so I'm blogging about something else.

Santa Claus is Coming to Town
Ho! Ho! Ho! Princesses~Too early to be bringing up the big "C" Holiday? Well like it or not, it's peeking around the corner directly at you. I'm sure this doesn't surprise you but I thoroughly enjoy shopping for gifts for others. Just another excuse to get out and shop! However, I'm convinced that everyone appreciates a gift card more than the matching scarf and gloves set from Wal-Mart. Agree? In our house Santa Visits on December 1 to do a naughty or nice check. He brings everyone Pj's , a Christmas book, a Holiday movie, advent calendars and a threat...I mean a reminder to behave! I'm pretty sure ;) Kels is getting a LEGO advent calendar and Lulu is getting PRETTY PONY. Much more extravagant than the plastic tasting chocolate advent calendars I used to get! It all comes wrapped in Santa's special paper (that Kels happened to find & yes I had to lie to him about it. Bad mommy...again!) and arrives in one of Santa's Special BAGS. On a good year:), it's our family's job to fill the bag with toys for those in need, leave it on our doorstep and Santa will see to it that it gets delivered to the appropriate place. And that's how the season kicks off in our household. My sister uses this idea: The ELF ON THE SHELF . It's really cute too and totally worked for her! So princesses, now's the time to get up off that couch, throw the ba-hum-bug tude in the closet, embrace the season and SHOP away!

Christmas 2006

Reasons to start shopping NOW!

So the item you're looking for won't be "Out of Stock"
Free Gift Boxes
Don't want to miss out on the fruit cake sale... or maybe you do?

Crowd avoidance
Sense of accomplishment-really!
The sooner you have the goods, the sooner the wrapping can begin~whatever.

The powdered jelly donuts from 7-11 purchased on Christmas Eve just don't cut it!

Last but certainly not least....
So you can have more "Just Be" time around the tree

LOVE Affairs With Christmas Shopping

Extended Holiday shopping hours-wooohooo!
The Color Red- ties with the color pink for my fav. color
Holiday Gift Sets- girly ones! Spare me the yard-o-beef & cheese ball
People Watching
Mall decor
Seeing Grandmas dressed in Christmas sweaters and vests
Seasonal scents
It's shopping with a theme. I adore a good theme.
Target Holiday Commercials~they're just so cheery!
Brain stimulation...trying to think of thoughtful/creative gifts

Holiday Shopping Annoyances
Shopping the day after Thanksgiving~ HATE IT!
No Parking
"Out of Stock"
Already spent gift card when you think there's more cha ching
Meanies, grumpies, grouchies
Out of free gift boxes
The person in front of you decides to open up an "account" AFTER everything has already been rung up-are you kidding me??
3 cash registers and ONE cashier
When Santa arrives at the mall the day after Halloween

Christmas Favorites
Christmas music-never get sick of it BUT refuse to listen to it until the day after Thanksgiving
Special edition peppermint ice cream
Getting Christmas cards in the mail
Chill'in by the tree once the kidos are in bed
Time off
Eating food that will kill you:)
Getting dressed up fancy for special Holiday occasions
Spending time with good folk and fam.

A few things I like to get for Christmas...

Jewelry that makes you go hmmm?? from Something Silver. If you have never been in this store it's really fun or check it out on line. They've got great stuff in all price ranges.

iTunes gift cards. Any $ amount please:)







Life Savor Books






ORIGINS products-especially body souffles! This stuff is dreamy! I especially love ginger souffle, perfect world and smoothing souffle (minty) products. Stop by your local counter and give it a whirl!








Magazine subscriptions
CoZy ClOtHeS
My Christmas Wish...
A potty trained daughter. Is this a step in the right direction?


I've been eyeing this Holiday outfit. What ya think? Dazzling?
Have a MERRY Monday!

P.S Stay tuned for my "Holiday glitz and glam" post~getting sexyfied for the season!

5 comments:

Julianna said...

I love your December 1 idea. We have been doing the Christmas Eve PJs, but why wait! I think we might start this tradition too!

Anonymous said...

WE LOVE CHRISTMAS!!

I hung my outdoor Christmas lights on my house yesterday so I don't have to haul my caboose up a ladder in the snow and freakin' cold. Woot woot! I had a strand of left-over lights (I *love* the multicolored large bulbs) so I put it on my rustic skinny tree that stays up year-round. Cute!

One year I had my shopping done by Halloween. HEAVEN! I could still go out and get Santa stuff, but didn't feel stressed out to fight the crowds.

My mom made all the grandkids Christmas pillowcases a long time ago (Aarika was a baby) to assure them sweet Christmas-sy dreams during the month of Dec. LOVE IT! (Need to figure out where they are...)

So we went to the elf website, my kids loved it! When we were creating our elf, Caleb said, "Hmm... We need to choose a name that has the letters of our first names in it... I know! Crackle!" And thus our elf came to be..... Thanks for the website tip. :)

Mandy said...

I love your Dec. 1st naughty or nice check. What a GREAT way to put those Christmas jammies to good use.

I SO enjoy reading you blog. You freakin crack me up lady.

XOXO

P.S. Marley has that same Elmo hat! What worked for Marley was the Elmo potty doll. She would put Elmo on his potty while she sat on her BIG girl potty. It's always a hit or a miss right....ya' just never know! Atleast she's putting good use to those underoos.

Sara said...

We bought Elf on a shelf a couple months ago....I looked high and low last year, but it was sold out everywhere!!! That's what I get:)
I'm bringing that bad boy out Dec. 1. I love your idea with Jammies, books and movie-we're jumping on board....knowing you guys you and Jer are sporting the Christmas PJ's too, right?

I have a 2 little requests and they are so random....I might do one of them (maybe)
1. Blog about Griswald House (christas vacation) Christmas Lights (I'm thinking of taking pics. of bad decor:))I know of one for sure in our new neighborhood)
2. Will you blog about your decorating, take pics. of rooms in your house, give tips etc. Since I haven't been to your new house yet, I don't have any ideas to steal. I use to do it on a daily basis:) I sure miss you guys!!!!!

{Erica} said...

no surprise that a lot of what you listed are things that are on my list as well. We use Elf on a Shelf at our house as well...Red (that's his name) will be staying with us the day after thanksgiving until Christmas....the kids better behave :)