6.2.09

{For Him}


The BIG day of LOVE is just around the corner and you may be fretting about what HE'S going to get you -or what he's NOT going to get you:)-this year. Well, if you haven't already, you might want to start brainstorming about what to do for the sweetheart in your life. Why? Because he deserves it!

I think there is this unspoken expectation that Valentine's day is the "guys" job. If you have this attitude, prepare now to be disappointed! That is if you haven't already trained him. From the very get go of our marriage my Prince and I decided that every other year we'd take a turn being responsible for the big day. Which worked great! (However, it has since evolved into another tradition which I will share with you on Wednesday's post. Valentine's day is a day we treasure!) So princesses, let's give our dudes a break this year. Below you will find some ideas. P.S. I did my best to keep it PG!;)

"Falling in Love" ~The gift that loves you BOTH. Tie a little love note to this and leave it in the shower for him to enjoy. If he says it smells girly, tell him to get over it! You can also find inexpensive heart soaps to surprise him with.

*"You keep me balanced" THESE are pricey but cleverly cute in a manly way.

*Design your own "I'm nuts about you" key chain using nuts and bolts.

*Personalized boxer shorts for him (with your name) and T for you (with his name)

*Handmade pillowcase

*Make home-made fortune cookies (recipe HERE) and add your own personal fortunes. Dip them in chocolate.

*Slip a pair of dainties in his car. Don't be embarrassed...he'll love it!


*THIS~Don't pretend like you're not curious. AND it's "satisfaction guaranteed";D

*TWO words~garter belt
*Write a sweet love note and put it in a helium balloon and tie it to his car. The note could be a Valentine's date invite.

*Instead of leaving together, have him meet you somewhere and wear something outside of your usual daily "box". If he has 1/2 a brain he'll acknowledge your efforts. Ideas could include: a dress (now there's an idea), make up, sexy up do, fishnets, yummy perfume, fake eyelashes....oh la la!

*Blindfold him and take him to get a pedicure. He'll deny he liked it but really he can't wait til his next appointment!
*Have pizza delivered with the peperoni's shaped in a heart. Compliment it with fancy soda in champagne flutes

*Send a V-day card to him at his work. Warning: keep it sweet...not sexy!

*Build a bear together at "Build A Bear"

Instead of...
~
buying him a new shirt (trust me, your dude does not want new clothes for v-day!), cook dinner for him wearing one of his shirts.
~expecting flowers from him, YOU buy the flowers & do a little petal sprinkling-not necessarily just on the bed (naughty girls) but on the front porch. Could be a nice invite in for a home made dinner for two.
~buying him a box of chocolates, buy THIS
~convincing yourself that a "family date" is okay this year, let me save you the headache. It's NOT!
~treating V-day like any other day, make it special. Even it if is just an extra long hug!
~sitting on your couch and watching your DVR'd TV shows, make a "LOVE shack" out of the couch cushions and watch your shows. If you want to get really fancy, add twinkle lights~ambiance!
~waiting for him to plan the big day of LOVE, get over yourself and do the planning. You want it to be a nice day...right?
~sitting home and feeling sorry for yourself, get off your butt and make something happen!
(Have a GNO, make a special dinner for your family, heck...celebrate with your Grandmother!)

AND...
If all else fails, I'm pretty sure a matching pair of THESE otta do the trick! That is if YOU have a headache.

THIS is what I want for Valentine's day, THIS , on me of course, (pg-13) is what my prince wants for Valentine's day! :D

Make the most of your Marvelous Monday!

3 comments:

Lauri said...

Oh my goodness, I laughed so hard when I opened up the "this: that your Prince charming wants. I didn't read it all the way before I clicked and was a little surprised, so funny, and so true! I love your post about Valentine's and you have such fabulous tips as always :-) My Prince Charming and I have gone to a comedy show for the past 2 years and this will be our 3rd year. We do dinner before hand and have a great night together.

What do I love about February? I love all the RED that is in all the stores! It is just so cheery at this time of the year. It's like cupid planned it that way for us gray day kind of people...

Mandy said...

Plenty of fabulous ideas. Snaps for princess pookie. And way to NOT be brave with your ideas. :)

And from your last entry I wanted to tell you about DHC. It's a product line I use and am in love with. You don't have to scrub for days to remove eye make-up. Just apply and gently rub like twice and IT'S GONE!! LUUUUUVE IT! The deep cleansing oil is my fav. Check it out with your friend google and you'll see what I mean.

Anonymous said...

Thanks :)

Yeah.. so... once upon a time... I worked with a girl who had this book "Light His Fire" with a ton of good ideas to *ahem* light his fire. I read her book then bought my own copy in addition to "Light Her Fire" and "Ten Second Kiss" all by the same author (Ellen Kreidman). GREAT ideas ;) I even got to use some of them, back in the day. My books are collecting dust for a time. ...looking forward to dusting them off someday... :)

My favorite was a carpet picnic - spaghetti - on a red checkered cloth with the Lady and the Tramp soundtrack playing... and so many candles burning it looked like we were holding a seance. (This was a looooong time ago... I can't use the idea again, hope someone else can. It was way fun!)

I think I have settled on some nice expensive (Godiva maybe?) dark chocolate for my sweetheart this year. Pretty lackluster, but he likes it and has recently been witnessed passing it up. And besides... I just, uh..., bought him some shirts... *awkward chuckle*