14.4.09

I'm POOPED!

I did NOT sign up for this. Can someone please remind me why we choose to have children? Why we choose to gain 80 lbs, grow kankles, buy clothes with belly expanders, push something out of our crotch, give it our boobs, share our bed, give up "My" time, clean up spilled milk 20 times a day, visit McDonald's germland, be carpool mom, host birthday parties (etc, etc, etc!) and last but certainly not least...potty train.
WHY WON'T MY CHILD POOP IN THE TOILET?
If you recall, I started the potty training deed in January with Lulu (age 2.5~beyond ready according to the books). The peep, easy breezy no problemo! The poop on the other hand, I'm ready to poke BOTH my eyeballs out! At naptime and bedtime she still has to wear the dreaded diaper. And because she's such a smarty pants she knows this is coming so she'll hold the poopie until diapie time. Twerp!
Well, on Friday we had a playdate with little Mr. Coop and he so kindly taught his BFF Lulu how to climb in and out of her crib. (Thanks Coop!) So...at naptime on Saturday Lulu proceeded to do the deed in the diapie, climb out of her crib and CHANGE HERSELF. Oh joyous day! An accomplishment I'm NOT proud of.
I heard the ruckus so I sent Kels in to check on her. As soon as Kels opened the door he started laughing and said, "Uh, Mom...you might want to come see this." No I don't!! What I found was a Calgon take me away moment and I'll spare all the rest of the gory details. However...
Let me illustrate.
Poop #1 was the aftermath of what she had done herself. Poop #2 was from what was left on her bum after poop #1 and I didn't know it and made her sit down. Pee pee came AFTER the nap due to the mommy threat of DO NOT COME OUT OF YOUR ROOM! To top it off, I had JUST put this rug down in her room not an hour prior to this disgusting fiasco~seriously! Are you kidding me? Before that it was just the hardwood floor!
Motherhood sucks!
I'm taking myself shopping. Anyone else want to join? :D

4 comments:

Pam said...

Let me just say that I soooooo know where you are coming from. My sweet Sydney got into the habit of doing the SAME thing! Our solution: cut off the feet of her PJ's and put them on her backwards so she couldn't unzip them. That way she couldn't take her diaper off and finger paint the walls! Good luck with this, my dear. At least the rug doesn't tell any stories!

annette said...

My kid puked on Monday morning. I had to take a sick day at work because of it. (Eh... monday was my birthday, so it wasn't so bad. lol) She didn't get sick anymore that day so I loaded her up in the car and we went to Victoria's Secret where I had a $10 gift card and my favorite bras were on sale 2 for $49. She HOWLED with laughter as I tried on black bras under my yellow tshirt. "MOOOM!!! I can SEE it! You should get a white one or a PINK one!" (pink is her favorite color, lol) I ended up not liking any new styles, just stayed with the tried-and-true favorites... in WHITE. :) Momma's happy and so are her ta-tas!

I love shopping therapy.

Sara said...

I am laughing outloud! :)
Not at you of course! I hope you can look back and laugh....probably not. Keep reading my blog and I'm sure I'll be there in a couple months-I often find Ellee with no clothes on after bedtime and naptime-That's why the onsie has to stay on still-she took her diaper off once-luckily it was just pee!!!!! I LOVE learning from others! Thanks for paving the way! Any good finds shopping?

Lauri said...

OMG, I wish my computer had been working when this happened! I would have totally gone shopping with you and we could cry together......Didn't go to Sumner on Friday, it rained all day :-(