6.4.09

It's Trendy Tuesday...Do You Dare?

Shades! The most IMPORTANT summer accessory. In my observation, these things are all over the fashion wheel. From the classic Ray Ban come back , to the "bug eyes", to NEON (really? it's back?) to the aviator, it seems as though you could pick up a pair representing any era and fit right in. For a couple years now I have really been wanting a pair of THESE. I tried them on in Vegas and they were pretty darn cool but...$260! Are you CRAZY? For sunglasses that I'll need to use as a make shift toy to throw at my Lulu in the back seat to keep her quiet?? I don't think so! I've been patiently waiting for a pair to show up at the Rack but no such luck as of yet. Keep your fingers crossed for me.:D In the meantime I'll stick with these:

$10! Nords BP section. Now these I can afford to loose! I'm such a sucker for red shades. They are called "Red Audrey".

What do you think? Could I pass for her? :D

Sun Glasses 101

1. Do they fit right?

2. Do they look cool?

3. Can I afford to loose them?

4. Can I afford to accidentally sit on them?

5. Does one glass pop out at random?

6. Will I be too lazy to put them in their protective case?

7. I promise to remove them when meeting someone new.

8. Are they bifunctional? Sunglasses/headband!

9. I won't let them rest in my shirt (they're not a necklace princesses!)

10. And...black or brown? ...black or brown? I say buy them cheap enough so you can have one of each!! Two is ALWAYS better than one!

I think my first sunglasses (that I remember) were the ones that were black with NEON pink sides. And the dandiest part, they were bendable! I could walk into my local Claire's right now today and pick up the exact same pair. Nope, the 80's will never die. However, I have yet to see the black "bike shorts" with mini NEON stripes down the sides. FUGLY!
AND...What ever style you end up choosing, I beg you ,on my hands and knees, to STAY AWAY from THESE! Epitome of dorkville!

Does the mini muffin in your life need a pair of totally tubular shades? HERE are some cuties!

So, protect your pretty eyes and buy some new shades!

P.S. Do you wear your sunglasses at night?:)

1 comment:

annette said...

My first pair were black with neon green. :)